As a long-time sales coach you would expect me to continually repeat the mantra that sales coaching works, and I do. But my “voice crying in the wilderness” may not resonate with you. Since everyone feels better about things that are backed by documented evidence, I gathered some to share with you in this post. Here are ten facts about the effectiveness of sales coaching, compiled by LevelEleven. Each one is source-verified with links provided.
Sales coaching statistics managers & business owners should consider
1. 74 percent of leading companies cite sales coaching and mentoring of sales reps as the most important role front line sales manager’s play. (Source)
2. Less than 20 percent of the average manager’s time is spent on proactive sales coaching. (Source)
3. Effective sales coaching can drastically improve closing rates by as much as 25 percent. (Source)
4. No other productivity investment improves rep performance better than sales coaching. (Source)
5. 31 percent of sales leaders coach each of their reps for less than 30 minutes each week. (Source)
“At Cooper’s we have used Doug Robinson’s online sales coaching services for the past five years.During this time frame our company has tripled in revenue and Doug has been an essential part of that. Doug conducts weekly online sales meetings and activity accountability sessions with our three outside salespeople. We email Doug their activity reports daily, so he knows what they actually did, not what they say they did.
Additionally he conducts weekly online coaching with our service manager. Doug helps him teach the service techs best practices for replacement sale leads. These provide excellent revenue sources for the sales team.
Doug, thanks for always adding more value. You are a very important part of our team; thanks for everything you do.
If you are serious about growing and improving your company you should contact Doug. He is worth every penny we have paid him. He always delivers more than is asked, is very consistent and comes well prepared for each session. If you have any doubt that contracting with him will cause you to reach your sales goals faster and with less effort reach out to me personally by calling my office. Also check Doug’s website https://robinsontrainingsolutions.com.“
Tony Cooper, Owner Cooper’s Plumbing & Air, Bainbridge, Ga. & Tallahassee, FL.
6. Overall quota attainment for a company with an informal coaching process is 84.7 percent. But companies with a formal coaching process see 91.2 percent of overall quota attainment. (Source)
7. Companies with reps who receive 2 hours of weekly coaching have a closing rate 30 percent higher than those who don’t receive coaching. (Source)
8. A 5% improvement in productivity across the middle 60% of sales performers would yield greater than 70% more revenue than the same improvement among the top third of producers. (Source)
9. A formal coaching process helps more salespeople achieve their quota (by 10%), and closure rates are improved even more. (Source)
10. Almost 75% of sales organizations waste resources due to random and informal coaching approaches, and only about one-quarter leverage the huge performance potential of formal coaching. (Source)
Sales Managers, if you keep doing what you’re doing, you’ll keep getting what you’re getting. If what you’re getting isn’t cutting it, contact me and ask for help.
PLEASE SHARE THIS POST ON YOUR FACEBOOK AND LINKEDIN PAGE
©2019 Robinson Training Solutions, LLC