There are only two things that are consistent from client to client regarding sales training. Everybody wants effective and relevant training that will light a fire under the sales team and increase sales, but nobody wants to pay much for it.
As a blue collar sales coach, Doug understands both concerns and is committed to offering common sense economical sales training and coaching alternatives that will more than exceed your expectations. Here are some examples of the various methods and approaches Doug employs to achieve sales performance improvement for your team members.
- Weekly video sales coaching and/or training sessions via Google+ or Skype customized for you. In these sessions typically Doug assigns a 2-3 page segment of his book, Sell is NOT a Four Letter Word, as a lesson plan and then during the 30 minute session, leads an online discussion about what they read, sharing experiences and creating a lot of synergy among your folks. Example: For the last 3 years I have conducted an online Monday morning sales coaching session for a group of 8 pest control/termite franchisees in 6 states via Google+. (You can view a video testimonial from one of the franchisees on the home page of this website.)
- Another option is a 30 minute session similar to what you just read about, but instead of using Doug’s book, a lesson plan is created by Doug for topics of your choosing during each session. Example: For the last 2 years I have conducted weekly 30 minute online coaching sessions with two sales consultants that work for a large HVAC company (You can view a video testimonial from the owner of the company on the home page of this website.)
- You may be having an event that calls for a live speaker to address your sales team with a motivational message or a specific training topic addressed. Doug can combine lecture and role-play and/or case study completion, insuring the participant’s practice the key learning principles. Doug is a big believer that “Training is not training unless the participants are doing it”. (There is a short video clip of Doug addressing a small group in this manner on this web page.)
- DIY – If these options don’t excite you, simply order copies of Doug’s book, Sell is NOTa Four Letter Word, for your salespeople, along with a Leader Guide, to help you lead your meetings, and Doug will pay the shipping to get them to you. There are 116 individual training topics in the book, which will provide you over two years of weekly sales meeting material. Then you fill the role of trainer and facilitate the content any way you see fit. Tutorial videos for the book and study guide can be found on the home page of this website. You can order books and a study guide here.
- To obtain a quote from Doug for whatever you are considering, simply use the CONTACT page of this website, and he will respond quickly and provide it.
Online Video Chat Coaching Session Sample with 8 Pest Control Branches in 6 States
Live Training Session Sample from HVAC Sales Workshop
Endorsements for Doug’s Sales Coaching/Training
|"We had been searching for sales training to improve the success of our “add-on” maintenance recommendations for years. Doug’s Blue Collar Training approach speaks a language that our technician-based sales force understands by addressing real situations they face every single day. These sales training sessions are the most energetic and interactive we’ve ever had, and we have upped our average ticket by 2.5% resulting in an 8% sales revenue increase in just the first three months since Doug coming on board. We are blessed to have him as a part of our success team!" - Joe Johnson, Vice President of Operations, LubeFast|
|"Doug came to our rescue at just the right time! We were not meeting our sales goals and were desperately in need of sales management training. Doug implemented a sales management system for us that was simple, effective, and most importantly; doable. He met with our sales staff once a week for sales training using his book. He also met one on one with each of our sales reps using his “fix the worst things first” strategy. Within two months we exceeded our sales goals. At the time of this writing it has been seven months since we hired Doug and every single month we have exceeded our goals. Even our most seasoned sales rep with over 30 years of experience loves the training Doug provides. I would recommend Doug to anyone that wants to increase sales." - Jay Pollock, INVISION Technologies|
|“I purchased your book for all five of our sales inspectors and want to thank you for agreeing to conduct the 30 minute weekly training session using your book as lesson plans. The weekly "Dial Doug" video chat coaching, in addition to your book, is a good refresher for all involved. The guys like the fact that it’s an easy read with each “segment” taking no longer than 5 minutes to complete.” - Keith Gaudreault – Orkin Franchisee; Mobile, AL.|
|“We hired Doug to conduct training with our team, using our existing sales system as the curriculum. It was his first time using our material, but he was well prepared and exceeded our expectations. He conducted 17 hours of hard hitting, no fluff training during the 3-day workshop, including plenty of role play application. Everyone picked up usable aha’s, and the unique enhancements from his book, Sell is NOT a Four Letter Word, were great additions to the system we already had in place. I would recommend him to anyone considering sales training solutions, plus with his money back guarantee, what’s not to like? How can you lose?” - Tony Cooper, Owner, Cooper’s Heating & Air, Bainbridge, Ga.|
|"Doug came to our company and created a selling structure stressing systems and procedures and team synergy. Both components have changed the way we approach business on a day to day basis. He has encouraged our creativity to bring more life to the organization. Doug provides a “big brother” feel that lets us know when we are doing a great job and when "we need to pick it up a bit". I appreciate this because I know he cares about the results we produce and the sales health of our company." - Jay Carpenter, Alarm Detection Technology (ADT), Albany, Ga.|